Rv. Bjarni Saemundsson was built in Germany in 1970. The ship was delivered in December 1970 and went on its first cruise in January 1971. Captain was Saemundur Audunsson and head scientists was Jon Jonsson, then the director of the Marine Research Institute.
The ship's overall length is 56 m and breadth 10.6 m, height to upper deck is 7 m.
The ship has three engines, 410 kw each. Cruising speed is 12 knots.
The ship is built as a research vessel for general use for all applications. It is the second in the row of Icelandic stern trawlers.
There are 13 crewmembers onboard and accomodation for 13 scientists/researchers.
The telephone numbers in the ship are:
The Bridge: +354-853-6847
The crew-members: +354-852-2921.
The fax number is the same as on the bridge.
Inmarsat C telex number is 581-425119910
The ships official registry number is 1131
Call sign TFEA
Tel.: +354 851 2105
Immarsat: 00 871 761289064
The ship is available for rent. Please contact Sólmundur Már Jónsson (email@example.com, tel: +354 5752000).
About Bjarni Saemundsson.